incl. VAT plus shipping costs Item number: 90000092;0
ZOOM U-44 HANDY AUDIO INTERFACE
The U-44 is a compact, 4-in/4-out audio interface that enables you to record and perform wherever you are. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the U-44 comes equipped with the features you need to record 24-bit/96 kHz audio anywhere. The U-44 offers the same high-quality, low-noise mic preamps as our acclaimed H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, plus compatibility with Zoom’s Interchangeable Input Capsules for incredible possibilities. Use the U-44 with your PC, Mac, or iPhone/iPad via USB—or as a standalone AD/DA converter and mic preamp. No other audio interface provides this much versatility, value, and performance.
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac
- Connect to iPhone/iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- Two mic/line inputs with high-performance mic preamps
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Compatible with Zoom interchangeable input capsules via 10-pin connector
- Standalone AD/DA conversion
- Functions as a two-channel mic preamp with analog and digital outputs
- Approximately 4 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Four-channel simultaneous inputs
- Hi-Z support (input 1)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Three TRS phone jack outputs
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF optical/coaxial input and output
- Gain control knobs for each input
- +48V phantom power for inputs 1 and 2
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
CONTROL YOUR MIX
With advanced monitoring options, the U-44 lets you dial in your ideal mix. Create a balanced headphone mix between your click track and main out signals during live performances. Or balance the cue and main out signals when you’re DJ’ing. The outputs of channels A and B can be muted, providing even more control. Plus, direct monitoring enables you to hear the live signal you’re recording without latency—simply adjust between the input and computer playback signals to create the perfect mix.
STANDALONE AD/DA CONVERSION
When you’re transferring audio, high-quality AD/DA conversion is critical. The U-44 functions in standalone mode as a high-quality mic preamp and AD/DA converter to ensure complete transparency when converting audio formats.
You can choose between a 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling rate for conversion.
The U-44 is small enough to carry in your jacket pocket or backpack—without sacrificing features. Plus, all of the connectors and knobs are strategically positioned for fast access.
THE WORLD IS YOUR STUDIO
Wherever you want to record, the bus-powered U-44 forms the perfect centerpiece of your mobile studio. Connect instruments, monitors, and other devices when you’re recording at home—or hook it up to your iPhone/iPad* to make music on the go. If bus power isn’t available, the U-44 can run on just two AA batteries, allowing you to record anywhere. * Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPhone/iPad.
CAN YOUR INTERFACE DO THIS?
Thanks to its 10-pin Zoom connector, the U-44 is compatible with all of our interchangeable input capsules (sold separately), representing a powerful field recording setup. Choose from six capsules—X/Y, Shock Mount X/Y, Mid-Side, Shotgun, Stereo Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo Input—each with its own unique applications. Record the audience during your live performance, or connect our SSH-6 Stereo Shotgun for dialogue and sound design on your latest film project.
PRISTINE RECORDING AND PLAYBACK
Inspired by our Zoom H-series recorders, the U-44 is equipped with high-performance, low-noise mic preamps that enable recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use U-44 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity.
CREATE MORE WITH YOUR U-44
Bundled with Ableton Live Lite, the U-44 has everything the modern music creator needs. This integrated software lets you record tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more. Plus, Ableton’s performance workflows let you take your music to the stage where you can mix and record live.
In- and outputs
3 to 4
1 to 2
EU / UK Version